Wednesday 4 February 2015

0.8%

Hi all!

When is a 2:1 not a 2:1? When it's 0.8% away from 70%!

Just a short and sweet update for you all. I got my exam result back! 69.2%! So close to first class! But I'm so happy with it! That module only had two forms of assessment, this exam which I achieved 69.2% worth 66.6% and a Data Handling Test worth 33.3% which I achieved 85.0% in. So overall that works out to be a nice 74% average. I think I jinxed my streak of 70's by mentioning it.. But it's out of the way now, so bye bye Molecular Biology & Applications. 

So what's new? Well, first of all I paid a visit to my local Waterstones around last week and figured it was time I really start doing my research into medical schools. It's been in the back of my mind since university began in September 2013 but it's getting to the point where I need to have a complete overhaul in my attitudes and really invest some time into it (but more importantly myself). So after a year long wait of ummming and aahhhhing I picked up a little book, and it's called "So you want to be a doctor?" by Harveer Dev.



Flipping through the contents list it's an incredibly comprehensive little guide for wannabe medics, from making that first decision of wanting to be a doctor, to getting a life and convincing admissions that you don't have a Vitamin D deficiency from sitting in the library all day, to GEM and even more non traditional routes of getting into medical school. Reviewers off Amazon.com also seem to agree so I think that's also reassuring and will help to start me off on the right footing. Let's hope it's the best £16.99 I've spent. 

Lots of love.

3 comments:

  1. Omg 69.2% is really good. Haha it can be a bit annoying when u are so close but not close enough. Still, that score is amazing. Could u please do a blog post of your study tips. It could help people like me who will be starting uni soon. You sound like a very organised person.
    Also, I have heard about that book. I hope for your sake its worth the price.
    Joanny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! And yesss very true, it's so frustrating when you're so close. And yes I'd be delighted to! I will definitely look into it, haha I can already picture how the post would look.

    And thank you, I hope it works out in the end.
    I wanted to ask, would you consider Grad Entry Medicine? And I hope your journey at uni will be an exciting one :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u very much. I cant wait for September already. If only SGUL biomed would hurry up and give me an offer so I know where I stand. SGUL do the transfer to medicine scheme but of course it is super competitive. If that doesnt work out then I would go through grad entry hopefully.
      Joanny :)

      Delete